Ring Size Tips
- Our dominant hands are generally slightly larger — make sure you measure the right finger on the correct hand!
- Rings with wider bands will fit a bit tighter. If you plan to measure one of your partner's rings, try to measure one with a similar width as the ring you want to purchase.
- Make sure the finger is at normal body temperature — fingers can shrink or expand when hot or cold.
- Your fingers tend to change size throughout the day — the best time to measure your finger is the end of the day.
- If your knuckle is bigger, take 2 measurements and choose a size in between — ring needs to fit over knuckle but not be too loose or it will shift around.
- When you don’t know your partner’s ring size, selecting one of the standard ring sizes is your best choice. The average ring size for women is 6 to 6.5, and the average ring size for men is 9 to 10.
Find Your Ring and bracelet Size With Our Sizing Guide
If you would like to measure your Ring or Bracelet size immediately, print out our simple Ring and Bracelet Sizing Guide. Before you print the guide, be sure to check that page scaling is set to "none" on your print dialog box.
Use the Ring or Bracelet Sizing Guide to measure a Ring you have at home by placing the ring over the size circles until it matches the inside edge of your ring. Make sure the ring you use fits the exact finger (and hand) the you are purchasing the ring for.
To create your own Ring sizer, start by cutting out the ring sizer. Wrap the ring sizer snugly around the widest part of the intended finger so that the numbers are visible to you, and insert the pointed end through the slit you made in the sizer. Make note of the number that lines up with the slit, this is your ring size!
How to measure a ring in secret
Buying an engagement ring or a surprise gift for your partner? Here are our top tips on how to find their ring size in secret.
Ask a friend or family member. Someone close to your partner may already know their ring size or could even try and subtly ask them on your behalf.
Measure their finger while they are asleep. Although slightly trickier, you can measure your partner's finger using a piece of string whilst they are asleep. Just wrap it around the ring finger and tie a knot. Then using the string, measure it against our ring size guide.
Measure an existing ring. If they already wear a ring on the finger in question, why not secretly measure it? You can either take the ring to a jeweller to be measured or print our ring size guide to measure it yourself.